Classroom Safety Device "The Sleeve"
The American made Sleeve is made out of light weight solid carbon steel, making it easy to deploy effectively and quickly. The safety provided by the Sleeve comes from being able to secure the classroom from inside by simply sliding the Sleeve over the door closer. This keeps the teacher inside the classroom with the children vs. having to go into the hallway to lock the door (most classroom doors only lock from the outside) where the active shooter or violent intruder is patrolling.
- Custom fit, to secure 99% of door closers
- Laser-cut out of solid 12 gauge carbon steel (.104” thick)
- Powder coated in “Safety Red”
- FEA tested
- Tested to withstand over 550 ft-lbs of force
- Industrial-strength rubber pads
- Developed, designed, and manufactured in Muscatine, Iowa
- Patent pending